Welcome to UbiTIC!
UbiTIC is the nickname of a research project about ubiquitous computing in health funded by the Mexican research council CONACYT. The project full name is actually "Ubiquitous Computing: Ubiquitous Health" and will run from February 2013 until February 2014. This site contains information about the project, the participants, news, and other material. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the project.
- 18-Dec-2014: The new network UbiSalud website is now up and running. The first stage of the network, aimed at establishing the work plan is now finished. If assessed positively by CONACYT we will go into the second stage; this one lasting 2 years.
- 18-Sep-2014: The continuation of the project has received a major back up. New funding has been obtained to continue our research in the form of a brand new thematic network of CONACYT; UbiSalud. More news about the UbiSalud network will follow soon.
- 11-Jan-2014: The project officially finishes today. Still, some news may occur in the future...
- 8-Jan-2014: The final project meeting is taking place until the the 10th of January at INAOE in Puebla. We have successfully accomplished all goals and deliverables, and we are now preparing the final report. Here are some pictures.
- 30-Nov-2013: The programme for the Winter School on Ubiquitous Computing organized by INAOE, CICESE and external collaborators at CREATE-NET (Italy) is now available.
- 24-Nov-2013: New journal publication by project members of INAOE at the IEEE Trans. of Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering
- 3-4-Oct-2013: The intermediate project meeting has been held at UABC in Ensenada, Baja California. Project progress is looking good! Check some pics here.
- 1-Sep-2013: New publications by project members of BUAP, INSP and CICESE at the ENC 2013 conference, Revista de Salud Pública, and book Tratamiento del Lenguaje y del Conocimiento
- 17-Ago-2013: A new publication with collaborative work by project members INAOE and UABC, this time at CLIHC 2013
- 8-Ago-2013: As part of the Action Area C, Dr. Sucar has now completed research stays at prestigious research groups; UCL Interaction Center at UCL (UK)
- 17-Jul-2013: A new publication in VirtRehab at NeuroTehnix 2013 with collaborative work by project members INAOE and UABC
- 16-Jun-2013: Gesture Therapy, the virtual rehabilitation project leaded by Prof. Sucar has been shorlisted to the final 15 from more than 400 technology projects to participate at the BootCamp initiative.
- 29-May-2013: As part of the Action Areas B and D, the MexRisc site for prevention of diabetes was presented to BUAP by Dr. Pérez de Celis and Dr. González
- 4-May-2013: A new publication has been added
- 3-May-2013: As part of the Action Area C, Dr. Orihuela-Espina has attended the international conference CHI'2013, the largest and most important conference in its area
- 28-Apr-2013: As part of the Action Area C, Dr. Orihuela-Espina has now completed research stays at prestigious research groups; Wearable Computing Lab from ETH-Zurich (Switzerland) and UCL Interaction Center at UCL (UK)